Climate is this century's largest market opportunity.
Large markets are the cradle of tomorrow's valuable companies.
Do innovative, meaningful work with great risk-adjusted upside.
A market opportunity worth trillions
- The causes of climate change are fundamentally humanity’s need for energy (to power and move things) and food (to sustain itself). These are the largest markets in human history.
- Companies built in those spaces regularly reach tens of billions or more in revenue and correspondingly high valuations. Companies on Future List are tackling those precise markets.
- For context, software, which is only a $700B market, gave birth to three trillion-dollar valuation companies (Microsoft, Google, and Meta) and countless companies valued at $10B+.
Excellent, de-risked opportunity for financial upside
- Climate as an industry is now well-capitalized. Companies are regularly reaching the growth stage, where the likelihood of success and an exit is significantly higher.
- Because of how large the market opportunity is, there is still substantial upside for employees who join these companies now.
- Joining a de-risked company with lots of headroom for equity appreciation is one of the best risk-reward tradeoffs you can make.
Innovative, impactful work while building a foundation for lasting success
- Climate change will force unprecedented evolution in the way we live and work. Fighting a planet-scale threat with cutting-edge technology is rewarding, fulfilling work.
- Climate change will be humanity’s largest priority this century. Despite that, climate as an industry is still young. Getting in now gives you a head start to be a leader in the space.
- Climate companies work on interdisciplinary problems that offer unmatched opportunity for intellectual enrichment. You’ll work with professionals from many different industries and backgrounds, and the problem space is vast.